at US Foods in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Business Intelligence Tools Data Engineer has overall ownership, management, and administrative responsibilities for the company’s business intelligence tools.
The work is completed 100% remote anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• BI tool server administration
• BI tool system administration (such as server maintenance, upgrades, and patches)
• Change management
• Monitoring server activity to identify possible performance issues/needed enhancements
• Develop dashboards and scripts to monitor BI tool health
• Performance tuning and server management of BI tool server environment
• Write technical design documentation
• Develop and document standards/best practices for BI tool administration
• Supports BI tool users to include insights and analytics team
Education / Training: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar required.
Related Experience: 1+ years of data engineering or BI Tool Administration experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Experience in BI tool administration
• Works and communicates effectively with all levels of management
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Must work well within team-oriented environments
• Self-direction: The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
• Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communications skills required. Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Script writing to automate processes or monitor BI tools (alerting)
• Supporting self-service reporting and analytics
• Best practices for analytics and BI tool administration
• Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer, Security and Network firewall
Proficiency in two or more of the following:
Nice to have:
• Development skills in Tableau
• Oracle, MySQL, other relational databases
• Project Management
• SDLC processes
• Use of CI/CD tools
The following information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $58,300.00 and $77,700.00. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits, please click here:
EOE** Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We’re continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF\CCPA\policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP\EEO\Supplement\Final\JRF\QA\508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp\%20English\formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.