at Kelly Services in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
For those who want to keep growing, learning, and evolving. We at Kelly® Professional & Industrial hear you, and we’re here for you! We are currently looking for an Import-Export Representative in Memphis, TN 38109 area! This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!!!
Do you have what it takes? Take a look at the skills and qualifications required for this position! APPLY NOW, dont forget to attach your resume!
Customer Job Title: Import-Export Representative
Schedule: 8am-5pm Monday – Friday
Pay: $50,000 – $80,000 based on experience
Job Description: Key functions:
• Coordinate day-to-day activities necessary to support import & export shipment activities.
• Prepare necessary documentation to support import and export processing.
• Ensure all required documentation is prepared accurately and is in place so that shipments are efficiently coordinated and freight is moved timely.
• Ensure timely clearance of shipments for both import and export handling. Daily activities may also include, but are not limited to:
• Anticipate and have plans of action in place for logistical issues during the transport of product.
• Continuously refine and improve product transport & preparation processes.
• Prepare for and resolve issues regarding import customs clearance or export processing.
• Maintain trained status for relevant aspects of hazmat (49CFR, IMDG, IATA).
• Ensure interested parties are notified about key shipment activities.
• Perform required record-keeping activities. Import activities:
• Manage full import process of a shipment working with broker.
• Prepare and manage necessary documents relating to importation: notification to overseas shipper, broker, and delivery location.
• Review shipper’s documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Prep importation instructions to the broker and communicate PGA requirements.
• Monitor flow of paperwork to ensure that US Customs and PGA requirements are handled timely, and deliveries are made quickly.
• Review and validate entry declarations for accuracy, duty mitigation, valuation, and preferential treatment.
• Manage full export process of a shipment working with freight forwarder.
• Review Purchase Order and communicate shipment particulars to the manufacturing plant.
• Prepare necessary export documents (ex SLI, DGD, BL, Invoice).
• Coordinate with freight forwarder, supply chain group, and the manufacturing plant to ensure necessary documents are in place for accurate shipment release,
pick up, and timely delivery.
• Minimum of three (3) years working experience in documentation preparation for import processing and export shipment coordination, preferably in a regulated industry.
• Knowledge of Incoterms (International Commercial Terms) is required.
• A background in HAZMAT shipments (DOT, IMDG, and IATA) is highly preferred.
• High attention to detail, strong analytical validation, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills are also required.
• Must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe.
• Superb organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
• The candidate must be able to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization, as well as be able to work under minimal direction.
• Ability to speak, read and understand Spanish is a plus.
What’s next: Fill out this prescreening questionnaire:
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.