at Wolfspeed in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionWolfspeed, Inc.
Category: Product Development / Engineering
Type: Full time
Requisition ID: 21-1547
Our commitment to excellence doesn't stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. When you join Cree, you'll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to any startup environment - fast decision making, passionate people and constant innovation.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree offers an extensive 12-week internship program that aligns with our new hiring model and talent development strategy. Students a part of our internship program will develop knowledge and skills across their areas of interest while gaining insight into unit operations. Additionally, you will have the ability to apply academic concepts to real-world business challenges. An intern has the opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up.
What can you do for Cree?
• Bring enthusiasm, creativity, and an open-mind to help strengthen our culture and build on our success
• Bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face
• Learn from an experienced team
• Deepen your understanding of classroom concepts
• Gain real-world experience
What you need for success:
Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
Maintains a 3.0 GPA or above
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work without sponsorship now or in the future
Who You'll Work With
Opportunities in this internship may include:
• Learn destructive and non-destructive failure analysis processes including
- Laser/acid decapsulation
• Have an opportunity to work will all power modules coming out of Fayetteville.
• Work with multiple teams to preform analysis including
- Test and Qualification
• Potential projects would include
- Documentation of current analysis processes which would include extensive hands on training
- Best-practice process experimentation (i.e. testing the most efficient and effective methods for laser decapsulation on a specific power module)
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem-solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.