in Sebastian County, AR
Are you a talented and passionate IT Support Technician that is ready to take on the challenge of supporting multiple manufacturing locations?
We invite you to explore our Information Technology On-Site Support Specialist opportunity and our company Leggett & Platt, Inc. (NYSE: LEG).
You will partner with our Business Unit IT Support Manager as well as our Corporate and Business Unit IT teams to provide reliable break-fix support on IT hardware and software. You will work in the Ft. Smith, AR area.
The Information Technology On-Site Support Specialist will provide fast and useful assistance on all company supported computer applications and systems. You will be responsible for applications or hardware installation and maintenance within your site or sites.
To exceed in this position, you must possess good technical knowledge of Networking, Email, and general hardware. You must be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution clearly.
The goal is to create value for our internal customers that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as a local point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk following SLA rules
- Provide step-by-step training material with screenshots for clients, and document internal procedures
- Direct significant, unresolved, or recurring issues to the next level of support personnel immediately
- Provide accurate information and on-site technical assistance support on IT products, services, other systems, software and hardware
- Log all help desk interactions and their resolutions
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates
- Assist the I.T. team in other duties as deemed necessary
- Travel between area facilities to support the plants within the region
Requirements, Qualifications, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to the position or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 plus years’ experience as an I.T. professional support role, with experience in decision making, researching, analyzing, and interpreting system infrastructure and application problems
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of current office automation products, networking, and Microsoft products with a good understanding of computer systems, printers, mobile devices, and other tech related products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues without direct supervision
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to adapt quickly
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem solving
- Some lifting to 45 lbs.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer