at Frito-Lay in JONESBORO, Arkansas, United States
$21 (First 90 days) and $21.50 (After 90 days)
The Full-Time Sanitor position is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing processing and packaging equipment that produces products you already know and love. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's, Cheetos, and Doritos are just a few of the products that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo. Your job will be to ensure that our customers continue to trust us when it comes to food safety.
As a Sanitor, your work schedule will be 40 to 45 hours per week. Work hours can be variable and usually involve working nights and weekends, when other employees are not working or using the machinery. We also offer unbeatable benefits which include health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days, and much more.
As a Sanitor, you can expect to work on your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. We wear productive gear (think of a HAZMAT suit) and we squeeze, crawl, and climb wherever we need to go in order to make sure a job is done correctly. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you can expect to perform during a typical workday:
* You will clean the equipment necessary for overall manufacturing production
* You will also clean lines and processing equipment
* Packaging equipment will also require your attention, which involves wiping down metal conveyors, as well as cleaning the machine itself
* You will sometimes have to open valves to get the job done
* You will maintain and clean all buildings, including bathrooms, but also some landscaping work outside
* You will be a "first responder" for all food safety and housekeeping needs
* Like the rest of the team, you will work with strong, corrosive chemicals
* You will also be working with hot water and foaming & cleaning agents
* You will sweep and mop floors
We will teach you the basic requirements of cleaning on the process line as well as what pieces of equipment need to be opened for sanitation. We will also provide training on "lock out" procedures which ensure your safety and the safety of your team members. Each line has different process and procedures: in some cases, you may be squeezing into a tight space, while other times you might be climbing a ladder
Whether you are experience or not, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements prior to starting your application:
* You are 18 years of age or older
* You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
* You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
* You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant
* You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
* Accountable: there are no short cuts in food safety. Are you the kind of person who can follow the letter and the spirit of instructions? We follow strict FSMA guidelines to ensure our products are safe.
* Coachable: do you love learning new tasks? Each piece of equipment here has its own sanitation procedure so it's important that you learn quickly and handle feedback well.
* Flexibility: we look out for one another on the warehouse floor by being flexible when when tackling production schedule changes, environmental changes, and sudden work schedule changes.
* Team Spirit: we believe that teamwork is the secret to our success, and this is particularly true during changeovers.
* High Energy: while it is true that we follow very specific sets of instructions, we work as quickly as possible so that we can produce high quality products.
* Trustworthy: we trust our team members, which means you might find yourself working without direct supervision.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo EEO Policy.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account