at CDM Smith in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
CDM Smith is looking for a Senior IT Asset Management Specialist to administer all components of the software lifecycle management process including sourcing, procurement, planning, budgeting, compliance, and audit. This includes gathering business requirements, reviewing our current software environment, and working closely with business partners to establish, maintain and report on a comprehensive Software Asset Management function.
As a part of the team, you’ll assist in developing our standard practices and compliance infrastructure, managing relationships for both internal business partners and suppliers.
• Manage a portfolio of fit-for-purpose engineering applications as well as commercial off the shelf products.
• Administer the software asset management database.
• Define, maintain, and update policies and procedures for effective software asset life cycle management (acquisition, deployment, utilization, decommissioning, reallocation, and disposal).
• Analyze complex software license agreements and deployments, along with business requirements, to provide license optimization advice.
• Conduct research of IT products and services vendors for sourcing and selection purposes. Interview vendors, evaluate proposals, and make recommendations.
• Negotiate contracts for new products and renewals.
• Develop best practices and standard guidelines for license management for various software and SaaS products.
• Organize departmental projects including assigning work to project team members and evaluating results. Provide daily guidance and training to other staff members.
• Prepare and place purchase orders.
• Develop and manage cost data and other related reporting.
Senior IT Asset Management Specialist (Remote Option)
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years related experience
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Experience in software asset management including software license analysis.
• Experience with Software Asset Management tool administration.
• Expertise in software contracts and their likely cost implications through the asset life cycle.
• Demonstrated understanding of license and subscription model variations.
• Innovative and self-motivated to improve processes.
• Strong vendor management skills.
• Excellent ability to manage multiple competing priorities and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements.
• Ability to help team members and customers embrace policies and procedures.
• Ability to quickly grasp and explain technological and business concepts.
• Proficient use of Procurement system such as Oracle or SAP.
• Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
• Accurate and precise attention to detail.
• Goal-oriented, organized team player.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of software or hardware contracts and their likely cost implications through the asset life cycle.
• Intermediate ability to understand key concepts.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced ability to communicate and work well with technology staff, business stakeholders, management and vendors.
• Advanced ability to use finance and procurement processes, policies and systems.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.