at Nova Technologies in PANAMA CITY, Florida, United States
Operates a manually controlled gasoline, electric or liquid propane powered piece of material handling equipment (MHE) to load or transport goods and materials to/from a C-130J Fuselage Trainer (FUT). This includes forklifts, k-loaders or other approved MHE. Organizes and secures loads to pallets, platforms, skids or other lifting devices. Performs routine pre and post inspections of MHE to ensure suitable and safe operating condition. Report to supervisors regarding damage to MHE, loads, or other equipment or any potential safety hazards. Weigh & mark equipment per USAF guidance. Consult, work and coordinate with supervisors, managers, coworkers and site staff instructors/students regarding the loading/unloading operation. Complete all required MHE operator training provided as required. Perform other tasks as directed by the CLS Manager, Lead Technician or supervisor. Pushing and pulling of pallets is required daily that weigh anywhere from 100 lbs to 13,000 lbs. Involves frequent lifting of trailers/equipment onto vehicles, bending and stooping. Contact with rollers on the floor areas of the trainer and at loading docks is common.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential job functions for this position include:
- Applies working knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks in support of loading and offloading cargo to and from MHE equipment FuT.
- Assist student classes and instructors during cargo operations in the training devices to include pushing and pulling cargo, applying and removing aircraft tie-down equipment, and other general aircraft loading requirements.
- Receives technical guidance as required from supervisor and higher-level equipment operators.
- Maintains required documentation of maintenance activities.
- Monitors and tracks the repair status of inoperative equipment and document maintenance activities.
- Documents maintenance requirements identified during operation of MHE and support equipment.
- Conducts voice communications on phone, inter-phone and radio circuits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.