at Centennial Bank in Conway, Arkansas, United States
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION Assist the Compliance Department in planning and conducting independent monitoring of financial institution activities to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with existing bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. General areas of coverage include but are not limited to FRB, CFPB and FinCEN regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for most aspects of conducting compliance monitoring reviews. This includes planning, preparing request letters, conducting fieldwork, researching, and providing regulatory citations in support of fieldwork, discussing findings and observations during exit meetings, preparing work papers to support conclusions and preparing written regulatory compliance reports.
2. Examines bank policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations through compliance monitoring.
3. Remain current with the changes to state and federal banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the bank.
4. Coordinates with operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings of the bank.
5. Performs annual risk assessments for all compliance-related areas of the bank, which also includes a comprehensive monitoring schedule.
6. Coordinates and offers support to the bank’s training department through recommendations concerning compliance training, as they relate to the various compliance reviews performed at the bank.
7. Provide senior management with information to accurately determine the bank’s extent of compliance.
8. Assist in the design and implementation of internal monitoring programs, procedures, and processes.
9. Aid in pre-exam planning and provide senior management with guidance regarding the exam process, as necessary.
10. Maintain confidentiality on all Audit & Risk Committee files, records, work papers, minutes,etc.
11. Maintain the compliance department intranet and make changes as necessary.
12. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
13. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
14. Obtain continuing education related to job duties as necessary.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. R
EQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not indicated.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Not indicated.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED Intermediate: 10-Key, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
WORKING CONDITIONS Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION 1-2 years of previous experience in the Compliance Department at a financial institution preferred. Previous experience with FIS Bankway Banking Solutions preferred. Working knowledge with DecisionPro and Centrax preferred. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently. Ability to work under stringent time constraints. Ability to function in a team environment.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account