at Centennial Bank in Conway, Arkansas, United States
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Specialist will contribute to the development, maintenance and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions for the organization. The position is involved in the response to actual disasters and conducting tests of the disaster recovery plans to ensure viability of such plans. They will also be involved in updating the business continuity and disaster plans and business impact assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contributes to the bank business continuity and disaster recovery planning process. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Facilitates disaster recovery testing and supports the execution of test plans. This duty is performed monthly, about 20% of the time.
3. Contributes to the bank business impact assessment development process. This duty is performed annually, about 10% of the time.
4. Analyzes business continuity and disaster recovery plans for adequate technological, physical and human resource support. T. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
5. Assists in maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery lifecycle planning. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
6. The ability to understand the bank IT infrastructure. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Maintains the disaster recovery testing program. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
8. The ability to document and present disaster recovery testing results. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
9. Coordinates disaster recovery test with third parties. This duty is performed monthly, about 5% of the time.
10. Maintains knowledge of current cyber and environmental threats. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
11. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
12. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 5% of the time.
13. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Disaster recovery planning certification such as Certified Business Continuity Professional.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; and color vision.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in emergency management (or related field), or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to utilize business continuity planning software.
- Keen eye for details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires multi-task capabilities.
- Requires ability to prioritize workflow.
- Requires ability to express technical concepts to nontechnical people.
- Requires ability to evaluate risk
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account