at Anchor Packaging in Paragould, Arkansas, United States
Check online postings for locations of current openings.
Pay DOE. Day and night shifts available.
Also, requires drug screen and background check. To qualify you MUST have fork lift driving experience and scanning experience.
Apply online via computer only (PC or laptop system). We CANNOT accept applications made by mobile devices such as cell phones and tablets.
Applications without work history showing previous fork lift experience will be disqualified.
*** This is a Safety Sensitive Position under the Medicinal Marijuana Provisions of the State of Arkansas.***
Operates forklift and material handling equipment in distribution center and/or manufacturing area. Receives and moves all materials and products to staging or storage areas and arranges them for proper movement when needed. Performs work under the direction of warehouse supervisor/manager or material handling manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Moves raw materials and stock in warehouse or manufacturing facility, shipping lines and other storage areas
using forklift and material handling equipment.
2. Performs all system related transactions to ensure inventory accuracy goals.
3. Assists in preparing materials orders or truck orders and assists in maintaining accurate raw materials, pallets
and carton counts for warehouse supervisor and/or material handling manager.
4. Restocks raw materials and pick locations for order fulfillment.
5. Loads and unloads trucks.
6. Maintains clean manufacturing facility and/or warehouse and forklift on a daily basis.
7. Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on material handling equipment.
8. Responsible to adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
Must be a team player
Ability to operate warehouse equipment
Good knowledge of all safety procedures while operating a forklift
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have a High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and training with Work Keys Career Readiness Certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of one (1) year forklift and warehouse/manufacturing experience; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience. Forklift certification required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and work instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Incumbent needs a basic understanding of computers and printers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job:
1. The employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
3. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
4. Extreme heat (non-weather).
5. Risk of electrical shock and vibration.
6. Exposure to high heat index during the summer months.
7. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud in production areas and moderate in warehouse.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job:
1. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
2. The employee is on occasion required to talk or hear, and smell.
3. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes:
a. Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
b. Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
c. Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
d. Peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
e. Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
5. Operating a forklift or other material handling equipment is considered a “Safety Sensitive” function. A Safety-Sensitive Function, as defined by the Company, is one that requires the operation of motor vehicles, forklifts, or motorized warehouse equipment, or one that involves inspecting, servicing, conditioning, controlling, supervising, loading or unloading such machinery. Employees performing “Safety-Sensitive Functions” are prohibited from reporting to work or being on duty while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.