at Ring Container Technologies
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
To operate production machinery safely and efficiently; maintain appropriate documentation and communicate ideas and problems to appropriate staff; perform scheduled preventative maintenance and other repairs to production equipment; participate in production equipment changeovers; responsible for producing best quality product.
- Follow all employer safety and health regulations as required by company policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all downstream equipment to meet or exceed company established safety culture.
- Follow Lock out/Block Out/ Tag out policy.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- Proactive in addressing unsafe conditions and confronting unsafe behaviors in the facility.
- Address all unsafe acts or conditions immediately and report to Shift Production Supervisor.
- Participate and/or conduct safety training as scheduled.
- Monitor and explain deviation from expected Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Complete any machine and task specific training as documented on Operator Development Plan. Perform necessary Operator Checklists.
- Perform data collection of quality measurements as directed. Correct any deviations from quality standards in order to produce product within specifications.
- Monitor and respond accordingly to any deviations within SPC charting.
- Communicate problems, progress reports and continuous improvement ideas to management staff, maintenance and production personnel.
- Perform maintenance tasks as outlined by Maintenance Manager and in response to machine malfunctions. Troubleshoot machine and process issues.
- Responsible for personal development by establishing SMART goals, requesting regular meetings with their managers, volunteering for plant improvement teams, requesting additional training, requesting involvement beyond their immediate job responsibilities, seeking higher education opportunities including continuing education classes and meeting or exceeding their self-development and performance goals. Provide suggestions for training topics.
- Promote and participate in good housekeeping habits to ensure plant appearance exceeds management and customer expectations.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are performed as outlined in the Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Maintain accurate production reporting documentation.
- Responsible for active participation on plant teams and activities including safety, quality, sustainability, community involvement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming and continuous improvement which are required to create and maintain a World Class environment.
- Operate Powered Industrial Truck, Boom Lift and Scissor Lift per OSHA regulations rules and guidelines.
- Responsible for producing and/or packing the best quality product at all times which meet or exceed company expectations and customer quality expectations.
- Ensure all production is properly labeled and/or tagged.
- Ensure all quality checks are properly completed and recorded in the Quality Monitor software or a plant specific form at the scheduled intervals.
- Ensure all non-conforming products are placed on hold with proper hold protocol is completed.
- Ensure all raw material lot numbers are properly obtained and recorded as required.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Perform line sanitization tasks as outlined in the Master Sanitization Schedule and according to company procedures.
- Responsible for reporting quality, food safety, GMP, and food defense issues to their supervisor or a member of management.
- Perform scheduled production equipment changeovers as outlined by the plant production schedule. Perform changeovers with limited impact to OEE.
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks as outlined by the plant PM program. Manage preventative maintenance tasks in Computerized Maintenance Management Software, as directed, including generating work orders.
- Proactive in addressing machine inefficiencies during preventative maintenance.
- Ensure equipment is clean and in 'showroom condition' after preventative maintenance is performed on production equipment.
- Continually evaluate equipment for improvement areas. Tag components or parts that need repair, replacement or improvement.
- Ensure production equipment is in safe and efficient operation after each changeover.
- Record parts removed from inventory on appropriate documentation and Computerized Maintenance Management Software to maintain sufficient parts inventory.
- Notify Maintenance Manager when parts inventory becomes low or reaches a reorder point.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
Our Operator should possess a sense of urgency, accountability, business ethics, professionalism, self-motivation and the desire and focus to improve the business.
Our Operator may be required to act as Person In Charge in the absence of a member of management.
Our Operator must possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent and successfully complete the entrance examinations and interviews.
Ring Container Technologiesis an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ring to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information. To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account