at Kelly Services in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Your next good thing is right here. At Kelly ® Professional & Industrial, we are all about helping you discover what is next in your career. And we just so happen to be seeking Monitoring Specialist to work at Stanley Black & Decker in Memphis, TN starting October 11 th .
+ Starting rate: $14.25
+ 2 nd shift: 2pm-10pm
+ Schedules will be Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday
+ Eligible for $1,000 Stay Bonus ($500 paid at 30 days and $500 at 60 days)
+ Eligible for Temp to Perm Conversion
+ Training will be Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm for 4 weeks
Job Description/Skill Set Requirements:
A Monitoring Specialist is responsible for handling high volumes of alarm activations, such as burglary, fire, medical, and equipment failure alarms, received from a customer’s security system by following the action plan as listed on the customer’s account such as notifying the customer and/or emergency dispatch agencies. Monitoring specialists are also responsible for handling inbound calls from customers and/or emergency dispatch agencies requesting for additional information, technical support, and/or requesting for additional actions to be taken.
Monitoring specialists are expected to perform their duties with a sense of urgency, empathy; while demonstrating professionalism, clear voice tone and telephone etiquette consistent with company policies and procedures. This position will work closely with the Monitoring Leads, Supervisors, and Managers to maintain service levels to meet company and customer service goals and objectives.
• Acknowledge and process alarm activations as outlined in the customer’s action plan.
• Make outbound notification calls to customers and/or emergency dispatch agencies.
• Accurately document actions and information into customer account activity log.
• Utilize resources (i.e. NACS/Customer guide) to obtain account information that may be provide additional instructions outside of the action plan.
• Process inbound calls from customers and/or emergency dispatch agencies.
• Process inbound Audio Escort Calls.
• Provide technical assistance to trouble shoot complex customer issues.
• Route appropriate phone calls to other departments.
• Process alarm activations within the following customer queues as directed:
o Wholesale, SME, DOD, General National Account, Major Retail, UL, Video, BBT, VIP/Banking, Stanley Guard, BBT, and other specialist accounts.
• Document and escalate customer complaints appropriately.
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and with etiquette through verbal and written communication towards customers, peers, and management.
• Ability to operate and navigate a computer and various applications such as Microsoft Outlook, accessing and logging in/out of applications and utilizing multiple screens.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED/equivalent required.
• 1+ years of experience in an alarm monitoring specialist role OR 2 years of customer service experience.
What happens next:
Once you apply, you will proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But do not worry-even if this position does not work out, you are still in our network. That means all of our recruiters will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even more.
Helping you discover what is next in your career is what we’re all about, so let’s get to work. Apply to be a Monitoring Specialist today!
Why Kelly ® ?
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.