at ABF Freight System, Inc in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ABF Freight is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.Wanting to join the ABF Freight family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture. Currently, we are looking for a Student Worker, Purchased Transportation to join the ABF Freight team. The Student Worker, Purchased Transportation is responsible for assisting the Linehaul Carrier Analysts in the coordination of all aspects of receipt, payment, and accounting of purchased transportation invoices. Your contribution may include:
- Help reconcile and pay purchased transportation invoices, and identify and resolve rate discrepancies.
- Assist in maintaining all purchased transportation payment records, and in reconciling accessorial invoices for proper billing and amounts.
- Help maintain departmental fuel surcharge percentages on purchased transportation.
- Contact shippers and/or Service Center personnel to obtain required customs documentation, as directed and as needed for AES filings, including high value and ammunition shipments.
- Ensure proper ocean BOLs, including update/edit of ocean bills of lading for shippers & Vessel companies, as requested.
- Assist in maintaining payment and communication files and conduct various other special projects, as necessary.
- Provide the highest level of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
- Work and contribute to a team setting to accomplish overall department and individual goals.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/DisabilityTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account