at Hunt Guillot & Associates in Ruston, Louisiana, United States
The Piping Designer position is a long-term position working at the HGA office in El Dorado, AR. The position is anticipated to last 2-5 years.
The Piping Designer performs, reviews, analysis, and design activities in completing complex and unique engineering design projects from general drawings and instructions. Position requires extensive knowledge of engineering design principles and practices. Piping Designer assumes responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs. Capable of engineering assignments from education and experience background. Works with minimal supervision from a Lead Engineer.
PIPING DESIGNER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interprets and analyzes general design provided by engineers.
• Piping Designer prepares detailed design for engineer’s approval.
• Acting under minimal supervision prepares produces construction drawing packages by providing detailed designs using company standards and drafting techniques.
• Piping Designer performs design calculations and analysis.
• Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy and constructability of finished designs.
• Communicates and works closely with all disciplines.
• Piping Designer works with vendor drawings.
• Develops layouts from job scope and vendor information.
• Checks other designers’ drawings.
• Piping Designer checks and reviews shop drawings from equipment suppliers.
• Develops estimates for new work using the scope of work and drawings.