at CDM Smith in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Ready to work somewhere where amazing careers unfold?
CDM Smith is growing; we have a new opening for a creative proposal professional to join our Marketing team! This role will manage transportation proposal efforts in the South as well as other regions in the United States. We are open to this position being based at any of our offices in the U.S. or working remotely.
We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual with strong communication/facilitation, writing/editing, organizational, and time-management skills to join our Marketing team. As a member of this team, you will report to the regional marketing manager and contribute to our mission by:
- Leading the strategy development, writing, and editing for our most complex and strategic proposals, presentations, and related marketing materials for our municipal water and environmental clients.
- Applying creativity/strategic insight while facilitating and participating in brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
- Utilizing a theme-based approach in the development of proposal and presentation efforts.
- Supporting sales staff in the development of client business plans and opportunity capture plans and applying outcomes into proposal and presentation development.
- Partnering with senior staff to develop strategies and implementation plans for regional and national conferences and other external marketing opportunities, internal firm events, and training; and promoting marketing efforts.
- Updating CDM Smith marketing materials, including resumes, project descriptions, and qualification packages, and ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up to date.
- Troubleshooting existing business development and proposal processes, systems, and tools; leading planning for updates and improvements; and coordinating rollout/implementation of internal marketing initiatives, systems and processes under the guidance of more senior marketing staff.
- Mentoring and training junior level marketing staff
Lead Marketing and Proposal Specialist
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of related experience
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Writing, Communications, or a related degree
- Proposal development experience in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction industry specifically in the transportation industry is strongly desired
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, MS Word, and PowerPoint, including use of styles and templates
- Previous experience using MS Teams, SharePoint, Excel, Qlik, and/or Salesforce
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects by communicating with remote team members
- Experience in editing/proofreading narrative written by technical professionals
- Experience facilitating strategy/brainstorming sessions with both technical and non-technical members and the ability to bring groups to consensus
- The ability to work under rigid time constraints where a narrow margin for errors or delays is allowed
- Ability to organize and negotiate on project schedules and manage multiple deadlines and assignments
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in MS Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and SharePoint applications. Ability to organize, negotiate, and drive proposal schedules. Expert knowledge in the firm’s business development models or related business development models. Proficient at
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account