at L'Oreal USA in North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Manage and direct the staff of a manufacturing operation to achieve 100% attainment of the monthly production schedule while maintaining a safe work environment and maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to prescribed quality control standards, efficiency targets and ensuring that inventory objectives and new product launch date schedules are met.
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in major technical discipline or business required or equivalent experience;
* Five to eight years experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment;
* Must work well in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
* Must demonstrate excellent people management skills including the ability to develop a team of individuals capable of producing extraordinary results;
* Must demonstrate the L'Oreal competencies including but not limited to creative problem solving, decision making, achievement orientation, cultivation of talent, and strong communication skills.
General Job Duties
*Manage production operations to achieve attainment of the production plan by executing the short term fixed schedule;
* Supervise and train the production work force in methods and procedures that
* Maximize the efficient operation and application of the means of productions;
* Develop and implement improved work procedures that enhance manufacturing efficiency;
* Recommend capital equipment improvements to enhance the capacity, efficiency, and productivity of the means of production;
* Observe 'Good Manufacturing Practices' (GMP);
* Implement L'Oreal quality assurance procedures;
* Facilitate and effective employee/labor relations environment within the production unit;
* Maintain appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner in regards to safety, quality, and production;
* Maintain a safe, clean work area and implement L'Oreal's environmental programs;
* Where applicable, manage supporting warehouse activities;
* Manage and implement all L'Oreal policies and practices including, but not limited to, the Corporations Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Etc.
* Develop and train staff and line personnel to efficiently conduct processing operations
* Implement L'Oreal quality assurance, GMP, safety and environmental procedures as well as, but not limited, to Equal Employment policies
* Maintain an effective employee relations environment
* Develop and implement individual and team objectives that achieve overall plant inventory control goals
* Manage record and reporting systems
* Perform other duties as necessary
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
Computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine and other office equipment as required.
Manipulation requirements: (Hands or Feet): This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving materials.
Cell Managers are provided with and required to wear safety glasses and steel-toed shoes; must wear safety gloves.
Operate a Personal Computer;
Manages and Directs the cell operations while working independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
Have visual/auditory acuity required to read and understand written material required by their position;
Must thrive within a changing organization.
Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L'Oreal USA customers.
Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
Must manage the plant's assets to maximize our stockholders return.
Resolve conflicts directly.
Must listen for understanding.
Must have a positive attitude.
Must be committed to team decisions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account