at Robert Half in Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
Description Driven by high expectations? Check out this job! Do you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued? Check out this job! Candidates who would be excited to become part of a successful company will be interested in Robert Half’s opportunity to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department as a Controller. The Controller position is a full-time opportunity in the Olive Branch, Mississippi region. This role’s duties will require planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. In this role, it will be critical for you to effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. If your ideal job offers you exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth, this is a good fit!
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Evaluate, apply and refine policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Check deliverables of self and team to certify they meet client expectations
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques Requirements – Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Strong communication and social skills and able to receive criticism well
- Knowledge of month end closings
- Financial statement preparation experience preferred
- Solid understanding of financial analysis
- Financial Statement experience
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Self-starter with efficient time management and organizational skills
- Commitment and abilities to meet critical business deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.