in County, AR
- Helps achieve patient goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and implement therapeutic interventions by instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing activities, such exercises to improve overall function for daily-living activities. Develop cognitive strategies to improve areas that may be declining.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs. Collaborates with referral sources to minimize hospital readmissions.
- Documents patient care services via EHR (electronic health record).
- Maintains patient confidence and protects SNF operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations (local, state and federal).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops nursing/therapy (PTA’s & COTA’s) staff knowledge by providing current “best practice” information; developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Contributes to a cohesive team by maintaining a positive and encouraging outlook as needed.