at OzarksGo, LLC in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Please Note: Per employment requirement, you must be willing
to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccination prior to employment.
Fiber Construction Laborer duties will include general labor related to underground telecommunications construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor.
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using shovel, mechanical tools
- Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications cabling and conduit
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Perform general construction work under direction of Foreman/Supervisor
- Flagging, property, or worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures, and policies
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
The Fiber Construction Laborer shall be required to perform any other duties assigned in order to fulfill the objectives of OzarksGo.
Consumer/Members: Courteously answers member inquires, and, if unable to do so, directs them to the appropriate person, making every effort to gain their increased understanding and acceptance of the OzarksGo plans, programs, and policies.
Other Utilities: Maintains contact with other utilities during construction and maintenance activities.
Public Officials: Works with and assists Highway Departments, state and local; law enforcement agencies, state, county, and city when necessary. Works with city inspection personnel to enable jobs to be completed.
Education, Training, and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to read, write and understand verbal and written instructions. Must be familiar with the considerable hazards that exist in falls, automobile traffic and falling objects and with the proper use of protective and safety equipment. Must be able to perform first aid and CPR.
Equipment Operated: Must have a current driver's license (Class A or B CDL preferred). Must be willing to obtain CDL within 6 months if not already obtained. Must be able to operate all assigned equipment including bucket, bulldozer, forklift, backhoe, trencher, directional drill, winches, drills, chainsaws, and high compression tools.
Abilities and Skills: Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Required to write simple correspondence. Must be able to apply simple mathematics. Requires ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, and deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to deal with a variety of people in varying situations with tact and diplomacy.
Physical Effort: Must be able to perform all activities listed in the job description with or without reasonable accommodation. This position is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: This position is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment varies from low to loud. Hours may be irregular and include nights, weekends, and holidays.
OzarksGo, LLC, is an EOE/AA/W/M/VETERAN/Disability employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.