at Cox Enterprises in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Primary Location: 17872 Gillette Ave, Irvine, CA, US
Other Locations: Tucson, AZ; Phoenix, AZ; Springdale, AR; Foothill Ranch, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; San Diego, CA; Manchester, CT; Gainesville, FL; Pensacola, FL; Fort Walton Beach, FL; Atlanta, GA; Macon, GA; New Orleans, LA; Lafayette, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Omaha, NE; Las Vegas, NV; Raleigh, NC; Parma, OH; Tulsa, OK; Oklahoma City, OK; West Warwick, RI; Herndon, VA; Chesapeake, VA;
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 216768
Manager, Solutions Engineering - RapidScale
***Position can sit in any Cox Market***
RapidScale is a cloud computing company based in Raleigh, NC and we're looking for an awesome Solutions Engineer Manager to join our team! We're looking for high-energy people to help lead our SE team and take us to the next level! Get experience in a dynamic, high-paced and successful company and have fun while doing it!
RapidScale (Cox Business Cloud Services) currently has an opportunity for career-minded technical professionals! We're looking for a Manager of Solutions Engineering to support our growing Solutions Engineering organization and product set. The Manager, Solutions Engineering is responsible for leading and motivating a team of technical sales professionals to meet or exceed performance goals. The individual in this role will provide support and coaching to their staff to meet customers' current and emerging cloud needs. This will include supporting sales' acquisition of new customers and increasing account penetration of existing customer base by delivering innovative technical designs. Target customers include small, medium and large businesses, including educational, government, carrier and national accounts. May also support other specific market verticals (such as hospitality).
* Hires, develops, manages, and trains a high performing team of technology professionals. Motivates and coaches staff to achieve department and company goals.
* Develops and ensures attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts by increasing revenue to meet or exceed market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
* Coordinates and directs the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provides leadership and technical guidance to staff.
* Provides technical guidance to Solutions Engineers as well as internal and external customers as needed in the development and implementation of technical customer solutions
* Develops team strategy, forecasting, reporting, analysis, financial forecasting and administration of sales channel. Assigns territories, customer sales opportunities and sales goals to technical sales professionals.
* Accompanies team on sales visits as needed as well as determine customer requirements, develops proposals and executes technical presentations; Review proposals created by Solutions Engineers and provide necessary input.
* Help develop and continue to mature documentation, processes and demo environments.
* Understands the core solution portfolio and provides input to Product to continue development of solutions.
* Remains current of technical information regarding RapidScale's products and offerings as well as consultative sales skills.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
* Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline
* Generally, 7+ years' experience in related field
* Certification is required in some areas or advanced degree and generally 5+ years' experience in related field
* Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
* Valid driver's license, good driving record, reliable transportation
* Must have demonstrated ability to communicate, influence, and build relationships with C-level executives
* Technical knowledge of product life cycle (from engineering through operations)
* Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes
* Role requires the ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously.
* This position will require working with several departments and different... For full info follow application link.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.