at Nelnet in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Nelnet is a student loan servicer that’s grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that’s just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
The Software Engineer II designs, creates, maintains, audits and improves software applications by performing coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process. This position designs solutions for typical projects and completes work with minimal supervision. When required, the Software Engineer II makes recommendations for future development options.
1. Researches, designs, implements and manages software applications based on user requirements.
2. Writes, tests and implements efficient code.
3. Maintains and develops existing applications by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
4. Works within an Agile environment, responds to change quickly, including re-focusing development efforts and adapting to evolving requirements.
5. Is positive and solution-oriented with team members and stakeholders.
6. Continues to update technical knowledge and skills.
7. Provides guidance to other engineers.
8. Coaches and mentors other team members.
9. Is an influencer.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
1. 3+ years of related experience.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Experience in C# and .NET.
3. Experience with automated unit, integration, and E2E testing.
4. Prefer experience with AWS.
5. Prefer experience with Kubernetes.
6. Prefer experience with MongoDB or other document database.
7. Demonstrated respect, collaboration, and pride in ownership.
8. Ability to adapt to change.
9. Focus on continuous improvement and delivering value.
Colorado Candidates: Pay rate for this role is $75,000-$110,000
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Nelnet is a leading student loan servicer – but we’re even more than that. We’re a professional services company, telecommunications innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just the shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers and making their dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)