at Facebook in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for exceptional researchers to help create the next generation of virtual reality. Our research focuses on finding comprehensive solutions to complex tracking problems, delivering novel technologies and algorithms fundamental to future VR systems. You’ll have a unique opportunity to work with industry-leading researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR and AR.As an Applied Research Scientist, you will bring eye tracking research initiatives from paper analysis to full proof-of-concept platforms. We welcome candidates who strive for a deep understanding of complex systems and who harbor a strong desire to push beyond state-of-the-art. Candidates will help develop novel technologies for eye tracking, particularly focusing on 3D tracking of the eye using sensors like depth cameras, coherent light and interferometric sensors. Candidates will make use of simulators and high quality models of the eye, together with 3D geometry and physical understanding of these sensors to rapidly iterate on new designs. Our team brings together hardware, software, computer vision and machine learning expertise, and candidates will be comfortable assembling virtual teams and/or establishing external partnerships to solve problems. Candidates are passionate researchers who can quickly prototype their ideas, communicate conclusive results, and then engage with others in a highly collaborative environment to bring complex research initiatives to fully fledged demonstration platforms.
1. Research, model, design, and/or build eye tracking architectures based on depth cameras, interferometric sensors and other novel sensors.
2. Fundamental understanding of emitters, signal reflectance models from complex surfaces, and sensors that form novel tracking systems.
3. Work with simulators, renderers and 3D models to rapidly evaluate novel sensor designs.
4. Build physical prototypes in collaboration with hardware engineers, and validate real-world performance against computational models.
5. Collaborate with researchers and engineers across diverse disciplines.
6. Communication and documentation of research agenda, progress and results.
7. PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Robotics or a related STEM field.
8. 3+ years experience with 3D geometry and appearance modeling, 3D reconstruction, numerical optimization, sensor fusion, and/or state estimation.
9. 3+ years experience with C++ or Python.
10. Track record of achieving results as demonstrated in accepted papers at top computer vision or machine learning conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV.
11. Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
12. Industry or research experience with hardware prototypes of computer vision systems.
13. 3+ years experience with depth sensors such as structured light projectors.
14. 3+ years experience with coherent light based sensors.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.