at Robert Half in Maumelle, Arkansas, United States
Robert Half has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Controller to join a well-respected services company. This leadership role oversees an accounting and clerical department. The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff. This company offers very competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent career growth. We are looking for someone who motivates others through a positive professional attitude; exhibits integrity, reliability and leadership; and is able to provide exceptional client services by managing self and others with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also make key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. Being part of the leadership team, you will advance the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and encourage creativity in your team.
If interested in being considered for this role, please reach out directly to Stephanie Shine on Linkedin or call 501-710-4654. This role is moving fast!
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Ensure client satisfaction by reviewing deliverables of self and team
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Comfortable in taking on tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as neededRequirements – Foundational knowledge in month end closings
- Knowledge of Franchise Tax
- Proven knowledge of business valuation
- Sales tax experience desired
- Actual Variance Analysis experience
- Strong familiarity with budget forecasting
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Prior work in technology, analytics and management experience desired
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.