at Arconic in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionThis opening is in our Kawneer Front-end office located in Springdale, AR.
The Construction Project Estimator I role is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and drives revenue impact through the management and scheduling of incoming bids/quotes, and ensuring that incoming customer requests for pricing are accurately reviewed and entered into the system. This role is central to ensuring quotes are assigned to the proper estimator, are returned to the customer on time, and also estimates quotes to help the Order Pursuit Team meet revenue numbers.
Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Monitoring quote box and reviewing and scheduling quote requests as required.
- Prepare material proposals and material take-offs for Kawneer products from customer supplied lists, customer elevations and architectural plans/specifications.
- Interact and work with customers and sales representatives on quote follow-up, order changes, product related issues and customer claims.
- Provide required levels of service to customers where Kawneer is the preferred supplier.
- Coordinate and collaborate with employees and other internal resources on complex projects.
- Develop knowledge of and regularly use Kawneer product portfolio and price book.
- Be a point-of-contact on phone inquiries with expectation of 100% "live call" response and customer assistance without frequently forwarding calls to other front-end employees.
- Will be expected to learn to schedule orders based on standard lead times or Production Control.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education:
- Strong written / verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with customers and sales to formulate successful order pursuit strategies
- Ability to work in a team environment in a professional office setting
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel. KaluCAD & JD Edwards a plus
- Ability to work 10 hour days on a regular basis throughout the year
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Customers in the US Eastern/Central Territories of Kawneer North America
- Front-End Employees
- Field Sales Representatives
- Manufacturing Managers/Supervisors/Leads
HS Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited educational institution.
1 year of experience in a customer service, estimating, or project management related role.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Associates degree from an accredited institution
1 year of experience in the commercial construction industry
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity