at Nice Pak Products in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
Nice-Pak Products, Inc. (NP) is the global developer, manufacturer and marketer of pre-moistened wipes for the consumer market, specializing in personal care, hygiene, household cleaning and disinfection products. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
This is a 12 hour shift, working a 2-2-3 schedule, 6:15 am - 6:30 pm.
This is a safety sensitive position. Shipping, Receiving, Material Handling Technicians perform all transport aspects of receiving raw materials, handling raw materials and finished product throughout the facility, and then shipping finished product to distribution centers and customers. They also supply raw materials to the production line on time, every time; and remove finished goods in a timely manner so that the line does not shut down due to material handling. Additionally, they unload raw materials and other items from trucks as they come in and load finished goods for outbound shipments. They use the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to accomplish these tasks. They must have good communication and listening skills and be able to follow directions, as the WMS will guide them through the workday.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Make sure that all items received or shipped are scanned into and out of WMS.
Generate and print receiving tickets in WMS.
Enter data into WMS.
Verify materials to delivery receipts, packing list.
Communicate with other team members to ensure high Operations efficiencies.
Prepare product for shipping and load trucks per WMS.
Communicate with Quality Department regarding inbound inspections and release requirements.
Use mathematic functions to convert measurements.
Operate fork truck, scissors lift, and other mobile equipment in a safe, effective manner.
Follow all safety, cGMP and housekeeping guidelines.
Perform routine and operational maintenance of mobile equipment and identify service needs and report them to Operations.
The above responsibilities are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Familiar with freight damage and claim procedures
* Understand Safety Data Sheet information and warnings
* Minimum one year experience in Shipping, Receiving or Warehouse position with material handling and fork truck operation responsibilities
* Good verbal communication skills
* Ability to use WMS
* Capable of performing simple math and making measurement conversions
* Good handwriting and clerical skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize work
* Ability to operate a lift truck safely and maintain certification
* Ability to follow directions and work independently
* Bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, and kneeling periodically throughout 12-hour shift
* Sitting, standing and walking for up to 12 hours per shift
* Lifting up to 15 lbs. las
* Pushing and pulling up to 15 lbs. over head
* Ability to climb up and down from heights
* Full range of motion of head and neck
* Must be able to physically and visually navigate the production floor and assigned work areas in a safe manner, including areas of varying texture, temperature and line of sight.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.