at Southern Bancorp in Stuttgart, Arkansas, United States
Why work for Southern Bancorp? Southern is a different kind of bank and a Certified B Corporation. Southern focuses on under-served communities and is a public policy advocate to help families and communities grow stronger. We are wealth builders for everyone. Southern Bancorp is designated as a Best Places To Work!
Offer letters will require new hires to show proof of receiving their first COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting or proof of previous vaccination. You are not required or encouraged to discuss or disclose your vaccination status during the interview process and prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Want to learn more about Southern Bancorp? click https://banksouthern.com/
The CSR is a branch banking employee and performs the duties of a teller, CSA and loan assistant as needed. Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly services to customers, involving receipt and payment of cash, opens new accounts, and responds to customers' needs with suggestions appropriate to the Bank's products and services. Follows the established policies and procedures for these duties, in accordance with compliance requirements and the supervisor's direction.
• Provides excellent service to customers in person or by phone. Explains various services and products available and assists with selection. Opens all types of new accounts, checking, savings, CD's, IRA's, savings bonds, safety deposit boxes, etc. Close accounts as needed.
• Accepts checks for cashing, receives checking and related accounts; accepts deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, makes change, and issues receipts. Receives savings deposits, pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signature; redeems U.S. Savings Bonds. Accepts tax deposits and various utility payments. Processes credit card cash advances.
• Assists customers with loan applications, receives loan payments, enters new loans, build loan files, verify collateral insurance, assist with late payment collections, and process paid out loans. Sells money orders, cashier's checks, cash advances, and other Bank services. Accepts applications and issues U.S. Savings Bonds.
• Processes night deposit and mail-in deposits. Maintains proper cash level in drawers, balance drawer daily, keeps cash secure, and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank. Services ATM according to schedule or need. Accepts "stop payment" requests and address and other changes, distributing to the proper personnel for processing.
• Completes CTR reports as needed.
• May assist in balancing vault and ordering and verifying incoming and outgoing money shipments. May ship and receive money from other branches.
• Assists with training for new employees and locating errors or outages.
• Assist customers with safety deposit box access.
• Process orders for checks, atm and debit cards. Produce and process customer correspondence.
• Research customer problems and relay solutions. Utilize account imaging and microfiche as needed. Resolve customer disputes with debit card or account transactions.
• Help customers understand charges to accounts; may assist customers with balancing check book or explaining NSF charges.
• May process branch time records for payroll.
• Maintain accurate and current signature cards.
• Participate in a team effort to cross-sell bank and affiliate services. May perform customer calls.
• Complete all required training.
• May prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
• May wire money for customers.
• May supervise tellers at branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.