at Southern Bancorp in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, United States
Why work for Southern Bancorp? Southern is a different kind of bank and a Certified B Corporation. Southern focuses on under-served communities and is a public policy advocate to help families and communities grow stronger. We are wealth builders for everyone. Southern Bancorp is designated as a Best Places To Work!
Offer letters will require new hires to show proof of receiving their first COVID-19 vaccine prior to starting or proof of previous vaccination. You are not required or encouraged to discuss or disclose your vaccination status during the interview process and prior to receiving an offer of employment.
Want to learn more about Southern Bancorp? click https://banksouthern.com/
Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly services to customers, involving receipt and payment of cash, and to recognize customers' needs with suggestions appropriate to the Bank's services. Follows the established policies and procedures for this area, in accordance with the Bank and the supervisor's direction.
- Processes night deposit and mail-in deposits.
- Maintains proper cash level in drawers, keeps cash secure, and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank.
- May service ATM according to schedule or need
- Opens safety deposit boxes
- Completes CTR reports as needed
- Performs duties of branch CSR on scheduled Saturday rotation
- Accepts checks for cashing, receives checking and related accounts; accepts deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, makes change, and issues receipts
- Receives savings deposits, pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signature; redeems U.S. Savings Bonds
- Receives loan payments when installment loan coupon accompanies payment
- Process credit card cash advances
- Responds to customers' inquiries as appropriate
- Sells cashier's checks
- Cross-sells bank and affiliate services
- Performs various balancing functions, including ATM.
- Completes all required training
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned