Job DescriptionAdministrative Assistant, Monticello, Arkansas
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we've infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we're growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant for our sawmill in Monticello, AR. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Divisional Accountant in various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of monthly accounting functions in a timely and accurate manner. The successful candidate will also help with the organization of human resources and administration coordination at the Monticello Division.
What You'll Do
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Send outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail.
- Direct incoming calls.
- Arrange lunch for mill, procurement, reliability, and any other functional department.
- Maintain and requisition all office supplies.
- Schedule conference rooms.
- Handle maintenance/service scheduling for office building & grounds (lawn care, miscellaneous repairs).
- Maintain employee message board.
Operational Reporting / Data Entry
- Enter sawmill work orders, kiln work orders, and planer consumption in LumberTrack inventory system.
- Update Daily Files.
- Review Crosscut production entered from the previous night by operations employee for accuracy.
- Reconcile bills of lading to shipments in Crosscut (makes sure all BOLs are "shipped" in LumberTrack).
- Ad Hoc Accounting/Operations Reporting.
- Reconcile inventory from Daily File to Crosscut.
- Calculate log usage and reconcile receipts and shipments.
- Enter lumber inventory adjustments in Lumber Track application.
- Assists with month-end lumber inventory counts.
- Research inventory deviations to determine possible causes and communicate this to management via periodic reports.
- Assist with fixed asset inventory audits.
- Communicate observed internal control violations to Divisional Accountant for handling.
- Create check requests, procure approvals, scan and send to Peachtree City Office.
- Communicate and correspond with USSE Operations AP staff to ensure the timely process of vendor payments.
- Collect purchasing documents (receiving documents & PO's) and files.
- Reconcile signed timesheets for each pay period for each employee.
- Ad Hoc Human Resources Reporting & Duties.
- Distribution of bi-weekly payroll checks to hourly staff.
- Assist with external recruiting activities - ex. Hiring Expos.
- Assist with Employee Engagement Committee.
- Support for employee safety meals and events.
- Ad Hoc EHS Reporting & Duties.
- Assist with Employee Safety Committee.
What You Offer
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Accounting/Finance is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience.
- Positive, proactive, detail-oriented and driven to succeed.
- Effective organization, planning, implementation, and follow up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive team environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account