at MGM Resorts International in Robinsonville, Mississippi, United States
The Sous Chef will assist the chef in all phases of kitchen production and to instruct the cooks and helpers in proper cooking skills and techniques
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
• Assists Room Chef in monitoring overtime, staff motivation.
• Oversees product consistency and make necessary modifications according to business needs.
• Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers, and ensures proper rotation and quality control.
• Assists Room Chef in monitoring training of new employees to help them achieve higher status.
• Assists Room Chef in monitoring and enforcing Company & departmental safety policies, Health Department Standards and all other applicable.
• Responsible for various clerical duties regarding staff and kitchen operations, i.e. payroll and staff files, etc.
• Responsible for assisting Room Chef in monitoring food cost for their outlet, and order of all foodstuffs.
• Responsible for assisting Room Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of their areas.
• Assists Room Chef in preparation of menu.
• Takes inventory, coordinates with the Chef on order and preparation of food items.
• Delegates work assignments.
• Assists Room Chef in production of menu. Delegates and assists in cooking of food items, supervise staff. Coordinates with Chef on proper cooking and time.
• Service of menu -Constantly supervises assists and coordinates with Chef on execution of menu. Delegates station assignments and quality check of food items
• Breakdown – Constantly coordinates with Chef of breakdown and transfer of banquet function food items, station items, and delegate’s breakdown to staff.
• Constantly achieves all Service, Financial and Human Resource goals set forth by the Vice President of Food & Beverage.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
• Ability to positively coach employees
• Strong leadership ability
• Familiar with progressive discipline
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must have Associates degree in Culinary Arts or related field and six years high volume cooking experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
SERV SAFE Manager Certification
• Must have knowledge of kitchen equipment and good knife skills
• Must be proficient in the preparation and service of all hot food stations applicable to their outlet.
• Must be capable of following directions and read recipes
• Must possess good recall and memory
• Must be able to speak, read and write English
• Must have proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently standing, walking, listening, speaking and smelling.
• Frequently walking distances of 10 to 30 ft., between various areas of department. Frequently walking distances up to 300 ft.
• Frequently using wrist motion, dexterity, and eye-hand coordination, reaching, twisting and balancing.
• Frequently lifting 55lbs. and occasionally carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 1200 lbs.
• Frequently in varying climate conditions
Work performed in climate-controlled environment with occasional hot and cold temperature changes. Employee will be required to stand on concrete floors, tiles/mats and walk on uneven or wet surfaces. Employee will be exposed to food odors, knives, and mechanical kitchen equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular scheduled hour but must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
AMAZING benefits including:
+ Full medical, dental and vision coverage starting at $22 a pay check for employee only (Coverage through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
+ 401k Company Match Program
+ Student loan payback programs
+ Free, paid hot lunch
+ Free uniforms
+ Free onsite medical clinic for employees and their dependents
+ Much more!
As an Assistant Restaurant Chef II, you will be responsible for ensuring food quality is superior. You will also set the stage for guest experience with your welcoming smile and service. By understanding their unique stories and needs, you will own their experience to create WOW memories they will carry with them far and beyond their stay with us.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
+ Train Master Cooks, Cooks, Pantry Workers and Helpers on job responsibilities
+ Ensure requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area
+ Label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
+ Maintain knowledge, understanding and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups
+ Ensure food quality is superior and take action to correct any irregularities
+ Communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and employees
+ Assist the Executive Chef by controlling purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists and inventory of all kitchen items
+ Prepare and administer kitchen schedule
+ Assist Executive Chef by establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, product and people
+ Perform other job-related duties as requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
+ Knowledge of large production kitchen equipment
+ Knowledge of F&B preparation and presentation
+ Apply advanced knife skills required for service
+ General knowledge of mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
+ Able to lead and mentor a team
+ Ability to work under pressure
+ Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
+ Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines, with particular attention to detail
+ Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
+ High school diploma or equivalent
+ Two (2) years of experience as a supervisor
+ Work varied shifts, to include weekends and holidays
+ Associate Degree in F&B and/or course certification from an accredited Culinary Institute
+ Five (5) years of experience in a high volume restaurant production as well as in a hotel/casino environment
+ Experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement
+ Experience working in a similar resort setting
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact oTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account