at ArcBest in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
ArcBest is a logistics company with creative problem solvers who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain challenges.
Wanting to join the ArcBest family? In our search for top talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven culture.
Currently, we are looking for an Associate Project Manager to join the ArcBest team. As a member, you will create and implement complex supply chain solutions on behalf of ArcBest customers that span various transportation modes and include logistics and technology capabilities across all business units of ArcBest. The Associate Project Manager also supports customer needs to create solutions that add value and drive desired results given overall customer supply chain strategies. Maintain momentum despite tight deadlines and resource constraints. The Associate Project Manager strengthens customer relationships by enabling ArcBest to be a single-source provider of transportation and supply chain related needs and consulting. This position manages customer solutions projects and provides subject matter expertise.
Your contribution may include:
- Design, develop and implement solutions that enable customers to more efficiently execute their supply chain goals.
- Develop solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments, customers, and ArcBest subsidiary companies.
- Develop formal project plans, proposals, and communications, as necessary given customer requirements and expectations.
- Determine the optimal course of action with regard to solution design, implementation plans and manage project to ensure goals are achieved efficiently and timely.
- Build, develop, and grow internal business relationships vital to the success of increasing revenue growth and customer experience across the enterprise.
- Review and define customer requirements through discovery processes in collaboration with the sales team.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer business models and their unique challenges to growth within their own marketplace
- Recommend solutions to position the products and services of ArcBest.
- Acquire team resources and coordinate team efforts in order to deliver results on projects/processes.
- Provide clear and concise project and solution definition, scope, action plans, and communication of including schedule and design.
- Ensure quality results in solution execution through coordination across business units.
- Grow and maintain expert knowledge of and continually train on all supply chain services ArcBest subsidiaries offer both domestically and internationally.
- Exercise judgment in regards to solution compliance and profitability.
- Regularly monitor projects and exercise judgment to ensure productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Work and contribute in a team setting to accomplish overall department and individual goals.
- Research and further knowledge of supply chain solutions and best business practices.
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
- Maintain momentum despite tight deadlines and resource constraints.
- Other duties and projects, as assigned.
- As an Associate Project Manager, you will be a member of the ArcBest Yield: Enterprise Development team in Fort Smith, AR. Your hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, preferred. (Equivalent, relevant experience with portfolio demonstrating past work will be considered.)
- Minimum two years’ relevant industry experience, preferred. (Demonstration of proficiency with supply chain related topics, relevant internships and applied school projects will be considered.)
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability