at Pike Electric, Inc in clinton, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: The Class B Lineman is a semi-skilled position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical overhead distribution systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work.
- Strings overhead wire.
- Sets poles and anchors.
- Installs transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshoots in primary and secondary systems.
- Replaces fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
- Must be familiar with induced voltage.
- Understands grounding procedures.
- Understands how to use a load buster tool.
- Capable of installing and hooking up a single phase transformer.
- Capable of safely setting a pole.
- Must understand equipment set up and grounding.
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and cover up.
- Capable of checking voltage on transformers.
- Capable of tying in a primary conductor.
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so.
- Understands how to phase out a line using phasing sticks.
- Understands how to obtain a one shot on a recloser.
- Must be able to effectively conduct a pre-job or tailgate briefing.
- Must be able to safely perform a reconductoring job. <
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity