in Faulkner County, AR
Job closes 10-28-21.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Performs MIG welding. Will be working in the metal shop department welding metal components together to fabricate or repair products, parts, etc. according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders.
• Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products prior to welding.
• Verifies conformance of work pieces to specifications using measuring instruments.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Works under general supervision on duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity.
• Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex technical problems and issues.
• Attends regular scheduled safety meetings.
• Utilizes PPE while performing welding operations to include an apron or front covering for torso protection.
• Works overtime as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• At least three years of mig welding experience.
• Ability to read blueprints or layouts.
• Must be able to use the tape measure and know basic math skills.
• Must be able to pass a practical welding test.
• Must be flexible with required working hours, including overtime.
• Must be flexible within the department and willing to flex to other departments as needed.
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds to shoulder level. Occasionally bend and stoop. Must be able to withstand a minimum of 8 to 10 hours standing on a concrete surface. Must wear
applicable and proper protective equipment including, but not limited to: welding hood, protective eye and/or hearing equipment, and long sleeves to safely perform job duties. Will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, dust, heat, cold, gas, and/or fumes. Must be able to adjust physically to normal plant environmental conditions (above moderate heat and cold) and to adapt quickly to physical applications requiring varying motor skills.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account