at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionJob Title: Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
The planner/scheduler is responsible for the planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities performed in the area to which the planner/scheduler is assigned utilizing sound planning practices, which includes efficient utilization of labor, parts, materials, and outside vendor services. The planner/scheduler maintains liaisons and coordination between maintenance and other departments; maintains appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis for reporting on the effectiveness of the maintenance planning and scheduling and its impact to the business. Analyze maintenance performance and recommends actions to improve performance.
Schedule maintenance activities that maintain or promote reliability of the equipment in the facility.
Determine needed materials, labour and equipment needed to complete maintenance activities.
Maintains work order records for equipment repair
Communicates work plans to associates and customers
Track maintenance KPIs
Context and Scope
- The planner/scheduler is the principal contact and liaison person between the maintenance department and the plant departments served by maintenance. The planner/scheduler ensures the operations area, to which the planner/scheduler is assigned, receives prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance department. The planner/scheduler ensures the maintenance department is given the opportunity to provide this service.
- The planner/scheduler receives all work orders from the requesting associates, except for unplanned (breakdown) work. Unplanned work is requested of the appropriate on-shift maintenance technician.
- Reviews and assures work orders are properly filled out:
- Work scope clearly described
- Check if the priority and requested completion dates are realistic and provide practical lead-time
- Charge numbers and other coding are complete and accurate
- Authorization is proper
- Discusses the details with the originator of the work order
- Assures that work requested is needed. If the business value of the request is questioned and not readily resolved, the work order will be reviewed with operations and the maintenance manager. This includes generating rough cost estimates and potential cost saving estimates.
- Reviews with maintenance manager those work orders requiring engineering design.
- Examines jobs to be done and determines best way to accomplish the work. Consults with requester, area manager, or maintenance manager when necessary.
- Identifies and obtains necessary materials, work instructions, manuals, appropriate tools, etc. to execute the planned work order
- Evaluate options to accomplish work to determine least cost alternatives
- Planner/scheduler should have complete knowledge of each department's activities in order to effectively and efficiently schedule work orders in their area of responsibility.
- Reviews the estimate of the current day's schedule status and forecast of associate availability daily to determine if rescheduling is required
- Plans and schedules preventive maintenance work in coordination with operations and maintenance managers.
- If work contracted to outside vendor, the planner/scheduler assures the scope and costs of the work is clearly defined, purchase orders are approved, and equipment will be available for the work performed. Additionally, the planner will assure the contractor personnel adhere to Mars contractor ru
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity