at Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma in Talihina, Oklahoma, United States
Job Summary: Assumes responsibility for nursing activities on assigned unit and role of supervisor and nurse manager in their absence. Provides direct patient care on the Unit. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including: chest pain and changes in vital signs and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Performs general nursing duties on the unit without supervision and supervises the activity of others. Participates in performance improvement and policy and procedure activities.
1. Assumes a supervisory role during the duration of the duty assignment.
2. Anticipates, evaluates discharge needs and coordinates with multi-health disciplines in planning for care after discharge.
3. Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment of pediatric and adult patients and their clinical condition. Ability to assess patient’s physical/mental status.
4. Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care, revise plan as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
5. Assess and reassess pain management techniques utilized. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
6. Documentation meets current standards and policies.
7. Assist with reports and records as instructed by the Unit Manager
8. Demonstrates competency to operate all specialty instruments, supplies and equipment and trains assesses the competencies of others.
9. Collaborates with the Unit Manager, ADON and DON to identify budget needs specific to the Unit required to support the established nursing practice guidelines, implement new procedures, procure specialty supplies, and evaluate the quality of the effectiveness of equipment used on the Unit
10. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean. Wears photo identification while on duty. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time. Attends at least 6 staff meetings.
11. Other duties as assigned within scope and competency of the associate.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
+ Current RN licensure with the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing
+ Current CPR certification required
+ Experience in the area required
+ Supervisory experience preferred
+ ACLS certification preferred
+ PALS certification preferred
+ NRP certification preferred
+ TNCC and ENPC certification preferred
Job Health Care Services
Primary Location OK-Talihina
Work Locations Health Care Center Rt 2, Box 1774 Talihina 74571
Req ID: 21012103