at BancorpSouth in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in? At BancorpSouth we are more than just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with BancorpSouth!
Physical Location: Jonesboro Farville Branch - Jonesboro Main Branch - 700 South Main Street,Jonesboro AR 72401
Reports To: Branch Manager
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditionsReports
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Work hour may vary
Provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with BancorpSouth procedures. Assist customers with account questions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for prompt and efficient customer transactions.
* Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement and enters deposits into computer system.
* Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customers balances.
* Promotes and explains other BancorpSouth products such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificate of deposits, traveler's checks and credit cards.
* Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
* Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer-generated sheet and reports any discrepancies to the Head Teller as necessary.
* Reports malfunctions of teller terminal and other equipment used at the teller station.
* Responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on BancorpSouth's forms.
* Assist customers with routine inquiries regarding account balances and account information.
* Ensures that the teller stations are properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
* Perform additional duties as required.
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
* Close attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
* Good interpersonal communication and computer skills.
* Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computer, adding machine and typewriter.
* Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.