at Elite Comfort Solutions in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Position Classification: Salaried – Exempt
Job Summary: The Human Resources Specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates health, life, disability insurance and 401K enrollments and communicates with employees.
- FMLA and Leave of Absence Administration.
- Review and approval of timecards for hourly employees and temp agencies for payroll purposes.
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Keeps employee records up to date by processing employee status changes accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Prepares new hire paperwork and conducts new hire orientation.
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating internal job postings, reviewing resumes, performing interviews and reference checks.
- Maintain ongoing relationships the employment agencies and oversee processes, requests and staffing needs to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates.
- Implement and administer employee policies.
- Response to unemployment, worker’s comp and verification’s of employment.
- Identify ways to improve policies and procedures.
- Investigates all claims of discrimination and harassment documenting all employee interviews and investigation results.
- Reviews and recommends policies and procedures for employee clarification and direction.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to Supervisors on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience and company culture.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Supervisors to ensure that request are being executed and needs are met.
- Consultation as needed for terminations, corrective counseling, and other HR research of Employment and Labor Law upon request.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Enforcement of employment law, Company policy, and EEO regulations
- Train and provide HR support to team members
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits, policy and procedure
- All other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related discipline (preferred)
- 1-3 years of Human Resources Generalist experience (experience in a manufacturing environment preferred)
- Certification Preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Operating knowledge of federal and state employment regulations including EEO and Immigration regulations
- Demonstrated experience in human resource administration
- Competency and experience interpreting human resources guidelines
- Ability to manage projects and solve problems using data
- Ability to lead and influence strategic change in an organization while championing core values.
- Working knowledge/experience in developing a respectful work environment.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, human relations skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching, consulting, contracting, conducting organizational assessments, team development, and program development in a multi-cultural environment.
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate multiple assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Operation and use of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- English/Spanish usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation and syntax
- Must be able to drive to manufacturing locations
- Bilingual – English/Spanish (strong plus)
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; maintains a clean and organized work environment.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer