at Darling Ingredients Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas, United States
The Waste Water Operator controls water flows and processes through plant equipment and in biological systems. Performs test, maintenance, etc. to insure proper operation of all waste water related equipment. Other duties as assigned by management.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Proper operation of plant skimmer.
* Chemical inventory and addition throughout waste water treatment processes.
* Perform waste water test as needed.
* Proper operation of DAF.
* Control flows throughout wastewater treatment processes.
* Daily clean foot valves and flow meters at pump stations.
* Monitor MBBRs.
* Service and Lube pumps and gear boxes as needed.
* Help maintenance with projects or work in area of responsibility.
* Monitor aerator and mixers.
* Proper operation of disinfection system.
* Proper operation of all scrubbers and ancillary equipment.
* Apply chemicals to sustain a minimum of a 24 hour period.
* Dumps containers of offal using forklift.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Minimum 1-year prior experience in a rendering facility or production environment.
* Must be willing to obtain a wastewater certificate.
* Must be a self-starter and stay busy with constructive work with little supervision.
* Good with math.
* Good oral communication skills.
* Good penmanship.
* Frequently lifts up to 15 lbs, occasionally up to 75 lbs.
* Frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, pulling, pushing and crawling.
Outside in all types of weather. Hot and humid in plant. In and around and working with moving parts and equipment.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account