at Ritter Communications in Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
The Accountant requires exceptional understanding of the relationship between business activities and financial results with the ability to interpret and action in a concise, forward looking and management-focused manner. A very high level of analytical ability is required due to the necessity to analyze data and provide recommendations to management for establishing and achieving objectives.
This role performs professional accounting duties related to complex financial record keeping for multiple entities, as well as detailed accounting, allocation, analysis of financial records, preparation of cash management reports, financial reports and statements, and the coordination and participation in preparing year end audits of multiple entities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains integrity and accuracy of general and subsidiary ledgers for the business units by entering various transaction information, reconciling general ledger accounts and allocating revenues and expenses among accounts and budgets;
- Prepares, reviews and reconciles various operating, regulatory and financial statements to ensure accuracy and conformity with established accounting classifications and federal/state regulations;
- Prepares complex, non-standard accounting analyses such as allocation methods, rate applications, and reforecasting;
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries for payroll and operating expenses;
- Enters invoices for Ritter Communications Holdings and all subsidiaries into accounting software system as needed, verifies due dates ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner, and codes invoices so that payables are traced back to appropriate business units;
- Prepares daily cash management reports and process transfers from depository accounts;
- Maintains current understanding of regulatory issues related to transactions and projects;
- Proficiency in the accounting software packages used for tax accounting, financial accounting, and fixed asset depreciation;
- Maintains approval workflows and reviews transactions in expense management software;
- Performs account reconciliations for areas of responsibility as required for accurate financial reporting;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and standards;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities;
- Working knowledge of financial analysis, reporting, investment practices, and Corporate tax application;
- Knowledge of sale tax and research resources;
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of company products and services;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various banking and accounting software programs, and telephone systems;
- Skill in reading and interpreting statistical and financial data;
- Skill in oral and written communication;
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work with various levels of management and peers to provide accurate and timely information.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required; one to three years of experience in accounting preferred.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account