at Cree in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
The Automation Team is looking for a candidate who has a strong background in microcontroller programming and PCB layout. As part of the team, you will develop and integrate embedded systems for custom test setups for qualification and reliability of power electronics products.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing semiconductor products company.
- Opportunity to assist in development of the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world.
- Working with and learning from some of the smartest and most innovative engineering talent around.
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified experience working on a wide range of high-performance products across multiple teams.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
As Test Engineer for the Automation team you will:
- Develop and build embedded test systems for custom test setups.
- Configure and run measurement setups to help the test and reliability team obtain accurate measurements and results.
- Lead the electrical/electronic designs including PCBA, electrical cables, test fixtures, and electrical cabinets.
- Perform measurement systems analysis (gauge R&R) to confirm the performance of the equipment.
- Support the assembly of the test fixture and test systems.
- Install, preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair of semiconductor reliability test equipment.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, uncluttered and safe work environment.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree or proof of exceptional skills on embedded systems.
- Excellent programming skills, 5+ years’ experience in debugging embedded systems and microcontroller peripherals including I2C/SMB, SPI, UART, ADC, CAN (OBD). Experience controlling instrumentation over multiple buses and protocols (USB, VISA, GPIB, Ethernet, RS-485, RS-232, SPI, I²C, etc).
- PCB Layout, fabrication and assembly design experience using CAD tools (e.g. Altium Designer, Protel, OrCad, Cadence Allegro).
- Hands-on experience with operation and/or programming of test equipment (Signal Generators, Power Supplies, DMMs, Oscilloscopes and Curve Tracers).
- Ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with different backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail while effectively managing time.
- Self-starter with time management capability and a can-do attitude.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Extensive Microcontroller coding experience for Cypress PSoC using PSoC Creator.
- Experience working with SolidWorks.
- Experience in simulation tools (LT Spice, Proteus, etc).
- Experience in leading custom test setup design.
- Strong knowledge understanding of device operation for MOSFETS, Schottky Diodes and Power Modules.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account