at CTG in Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Senior Health Data OS and Network Engineer
Sep 13, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Job Title:Senior Health Data OS and Network Engineer
Location:Remote – USA
Duration: 12+ months
Education: Bachelors’ Degree
Pay Rate: $80-110/hour based on experience (W-2 tax basis only, no C2C)
Overview: Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Senior Health Data OS and Network Engineer.
- Review LAN traffic in AITC, VA WAN traffic to Medical Centers and identify abnormal behaviors in traffic patterns. Develop reports using NetScout and other monitoring tools for bandwidth, latency, and application specific messages. Review message logs to make sure all packets are encrypted. Validate and monitor Operating System logs for both Windows and Linux. Validate configuration on the Linux servers after system upgrades and patching. Validate the successful patching to Windows 2012 and 2016 systems, including installation of application, configuration of Roles, Features, policies, and setting to ensure they comply with VA requirements Analyze systems attached to a Storage Area Network are configured with Multipath IO Policy to achieve redundancy and optimized performance.
- Review NIC teaming configuration for network redundancy and recommend updates to settings for optimizing throughput and performance. Analyze Windows Clustering for High Availability and recommend allocation of resources to the appropriate roles to maintain application requirements. Conduct quality assurance on 36 instances of Red Hat Linux which make up the VX130 Shadow Systems. Validate that Linux authentication with Centrify Software to Windows Domain Controller both support PIV card authentication. Validate systems that are added to the monitoring tools (SCOM and Solarwinds).
- Support troubleshooting events and provide recommendations to optimize server performance Perform daily review of event logs, status of clusters, and notifications. Prepare and update POAMs to address vulnerabilities identified by Nessus and Penetration Scans monthly in compliance with ATO and ATC. Analyze and provide recommendations to harden servers per VA/DoD STIG guidelines Review physical and virtual server builds to ensure they meet specifications. Conduct quality assurance on sFTP system to ensure it remains in compliance with the Authority to Operate/Authority to Connect (ATO/ATC) required by VA and DoD, the system uses the DoD VA MedCOI network. Conduct quality assurance on group policies/ local policies required by AITC/VA security entities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 10 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Experience independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software for a healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to perform as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, healthcare semantics, informatics and multiple platforms
- Experience seeing projects to completion
- Experience performing feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare IT, computer science, electronics engineering, engineering or technical related field
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Experience with Network Engineering and Internet working
- Experience with VA and DoD legacy health data, private sector health data
- Knowledge of HP hardware to include Proliant DL Series Servers, Blades and Blade Chassis hardware
- Familiarity with Mellanox NICs and network switches and software
- Knowledge of standard tools and services utilized in enterprise Windows environments to include Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMB, RDP, WDS, and Group Policies
- Knowledge of SSL/TLS Certs for securing application traffic
- Must have knowledge and experience with VistA
- No third party resumes will be accepted
- CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
- All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
- CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website or email your Word version resume and salary expectations toAmanda.Dianetti@ctg.com.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Application Management & Support
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No