at Cree, Inc in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionWolfspeed, Inc.
Category: Product Development / Engineering
Type: Full time
Requisition ID: 21-1079
Wolfspeed is looking for a Power Semiconductor Device Engineer who will be responsible for all die related activities for medium-high voltage SiC power MOSFETs, IGBTs and Schottky Diodes for 3.3kV and above. Specifically, you will be responsible for design simulations, device modeling and mask layout design for SiC power die. This will involve taking existing unit cells from the Technology Development R&D team and adapting those to meet the requirements of each product. You will partner with cross functional teams consisting of fab operations, marketing, systems, test and project management to ensure cost-effective, manufacturable, and highly reliable designs targeted for aerospace and industrial markets.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
You will be joining a leader in the SiC devices and modules industry. You will have the opportunity to be part of the e-mobility revolution with our devices and modules as the main enablers of Electric Vehicles, Renewable Energy and related industrial applications. You will be working with and learning from some of the smartest and most innovative engineering and business talent around. You will have an opportunity to make direct impact on business results.
- Development and qualification of SiC power MOSFETs, IGBTs and Schottky Diodes die for use in ≥3.3kV die/module products
- Perform device layout as part of new device proliferation
- Adopt simulation tools and modeling methodologies needed for ongoing improvements in development cycle times
- Be point of contact person and subject matter expert for all ≥3.3kV SiC die related issues
- Collaborate with project team to ensure product cost, performance, quality and reliability goals are met
- Signoff on product characterization and release
- Provide design support, as needed, for yield, quality, reliability, and performance issues for products in development and post release
- Work with marketing, applications and systems engineering to define new product and technology requirements
- Provide feedback to process development and Technology Development R&D teams on future roadmap capabilities
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related technical field
- Knowledge of Power MOSFET and Schottky Diode design & technology with ≥3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated design experience from concept to production
- Highly motivated to succeed, a self-starter who is driven and able to work with others effectively to get things done
- Effective communications skills and analytical thinking
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with ≥2 years working experience
- Silicon Carbide power MOSFET and Schottky Barrier Diode design and development experience
- Familiar with power semiconductor failure analysis and root cause identification tools and methods
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.