at Cree, Inc in Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionWolfspeed, Inc.
Category: Operations / Manufacturing
Type: Full time
Requisition ID: 21-1356
Wolfspeed is seeking an experienced Test Engineering Manager to join our team. The Test Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers and technicians, working closely with other teams across the Power Module business to support electrical and thermal testing of SiC power modules. The role will have the opportunity to drive test strategy throughout all phases of product development and develop testing roadmaps for multiple production sites.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Come and grow with a company that is rapidly expanding into new markets
- Be a part of a World Class Leader in Semiconductor Development
- Collaborate with the best and brightest in the field
- Directly impact the development of leading-edge products in support of emerging technologies
- Engage in an environment where teams embrace and celebrate inclusion and diversity
- Opportunity to assist in development of the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified test experience working on a wide range of high-performance products across multiple teams
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians responsible for electrical and thermal validation testing, performance characterization, end of line testing of power modules and the SiC bare die within said power modules
- Design and implement test plans in a product development environment
- Evaluate the electrical and thermal performance of new products and validate design changes to existing products
- Research, design, develop, and implement new testing methodologies to support various product performance parameters
- Research, configure, purchase, and install new equipment to support expanding test needs
- Manage and maintain a testing queue, working with other members of the product development team to understand priorities and meet deadlines
- Organize and analyze characterization data collected during functional, validation, and qualification phases of the product development cycle
- Research and implement new equipment, processes, and procedures to support departmental objectives relative to quality, cost, time to market, and overall product and system performance
- Support existing products by analyzing and troubleshooting device failures in support of continuous improvement
- Work closely with the Operations team to ensure mass production testing aligns with the goals and best practices developed during product development
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- 5 or more years of experience with power electronics test and characterization
- 3 or more years of experience leading a team
- Experience with multi-chip power module design and assembly processes
- Understanding of power MOSFET and diode device theory
- Excellent communication, presentation, and personal relationship skills
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and capable of efficiently tracking large amounts of data from numerous products simultaneously
- Ability to lead a project from the initial concept phase all the way through to implementation
- Must be able to manipulate data using statistical analysis software (e.g., JMP, Minitab, etc.)
- Ability to use critical thinking to make sound decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status