at Armtec Defense Technologies in Camden, Arkansas, United States
Quality Laboratory Technician, Armtec Defense Technologies
Armtec Defense Technologies (Armtec) is an operating unit of the Transdigm Group (NYSE: TDG), an industry leader in aerospace and defense products and services. Armtec is comprised of three business units producing subcomponents for ordnance in Coachella, CA; decoy countermeasure Flares in Camden AR; and radar countermeasure chaff in Lillington NC. At Armtec, we welcome skilled and enthusiastic people who share our determination and high standards to join us in our mission-critical work supporting the US and allied war-fighters who serve us all by defending democracy and protecting freedom. This position is staffed in Camden, AR., at Armtec’s world-class facility for decoy countermeasure Flares. Company Profile Company: Armtec Defense Technologies is an operating unit of the TransDigm Group (NYSE:TDG Industry: Manufacturing Combustible Ordnance and Countermeasures Job Overview
Title: Production Laboratory Technician
Job Family: Quality
Reports to: Quality Manager
Works with: Production Operators, Technicians, Engineers, Scientists, and Supervisors
Location: East Camden, AR
- The Production Lab Technician role performs routine in-process testing and additional testing per test request or NPWO for Quality/Engineering trials and other tasks expected by the Quality Manager, Production Managers & Supervisors to sustain superior quality of energetic compositions produced at ARO.
- Additional responsibilities will include identification and application of process improvements to optimize production output. This position will apply lean principles toward the goal of ensuring the safe delivery of quality products.
- Run and maintain in-process laboratory processes and associated equipment including but not limited to surface area analysis, Parr Bomb Calorimetry, Karl Fischer Titrations, Refractometry, FTIR Spectroscopy, and Moisture Analysis, Particle Size Analysis (Sieve Analysis & Laser Diffraction).
- Train and monitor Production Operators in the completion of daily in-process analysis and any experimental projects pursued by management.
- Daily data entry and database maintenance including but not limited to lab results and raw material tracking and thorough SPC charting and reporting and escalation as needed. This position will create and maintain laboratory, testing and equipment SOPs (standard operating procedures) and overall lab sample logging and traceability.
- Work with leadership to ensure production area is safe to work, productive and lab has required supplies.
- Promotes a safe and healthy production environment and employs safe work practices always.
- Seeks out opportunities for cost reduction and applies waste reduction strategies to maximize profitability.
- Sets up TPM system for all production equipment in their areas
- Contributes to failure analysis and collects and analyzes quality performance.
- Laboratory experience
- Math & Chemistry (High School proficiency mandatory, college level strongly preferred)
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access (data entry not programming)
- Excellent communication skills including technical writing for SOP reviews
- Should be detail oriented and thorough with an excellent work ethic
- Must be able to demonstrate ability in the Armtec competencies for all employees, customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- High school graduate and some college or trade school
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred or be available to take classes
- Self-motivated self-starter with demonstrated maturity and a good sense of responsibility and analytical skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint Desired:
- S. or B.S. in Chemistry or other laboratory-related scientific/engineering degree
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety and PSM principles
- Experience in a quality assurance or production laboratory in a manufacturing facility
Work Hours 4/10 workweek To Apply Please apply on-line on the Armtec Career Website, www.armtecdefense.com Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected VetTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account