at PRIDE Industries in Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Janitorial Supervisor, afternoon/evening shift
Full Time Regular
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job: Janitorial Supervisor
Job Code: LT-Janitorial Supervisor
Salary Grade: NFS
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: August 2017
There are direct reports with this position.
Under broad supervision, the Janitorial Supervisor supervises the daily work of custodial staff and manages outside custodial contracts at various facilities. Employees in this job class perform a variety of functions to assure facilities are clean and free of safety hazards. This job class requires knowledge of custodial practices, contract management, working with developmentally disabled and/or physically challenged adults, and the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
1. *Coordinates, directs, and manages assigned staff and contract vendors to perform custodial services.
2. *Maintains professional relationship with site Point of Contact (POC), assuring services are being performed in accordance with contract, and resolving any problems with services.
3. *Supervises employees; ensures a competent, motivated team through hiring, training, development, counseling and reviewing the performance of employees.
4. *Schedules and prioritizes tasks, and ensures adherence to procedures, regulations and guidelines while minimizing errors and safety risks.
5. *Performs rehab counseling with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges. Creates and documents behavioral and vocational objectives, and maintains reports and files associated with counseling. Provides special training and assistance when needed.
6. *Attends regularly scheduled staff, leadership, committee, and offsite meetings. Prepares agendas, rosters, and presentation materials for various meetings.
7. *Fills in for custodial crew leads in their absence; and performs a variety of minor plumbing, electrical, wall repair, painting, lock repair, and light duty vehicle and mechanical equipment repairs as needed.
8. *Prepares a variety of reoccurring reports, business correspondence, agendas, presentation materials, and certificates.
9. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*DenotesEssential Job Function
* Three years of experience in custodial services and/or building maintenance, including lead worker responsibilities;
* Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges, preferred;
* Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations;
* Knowledge of departmental operations and procedures, and organizational policies;
* Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide for their professional development, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately;
* Ability to effectively supervise and develop assigned team to meet production/service goals while adhering to safety policies and rules;
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to make presentations and respond to inquiries by senior management, customers and/or employees;
* Demonstrated leadership, organizational, reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills;
* Exceptional customer service skills;
* Human relation skills to build effective relationships with team, customers and public;
* Advanced computer literacy including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software;
* Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation;
* Mathematical skills to include the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations;
* Ability to establish priorities and solve a wide range of business, operational and strategic management problems;
* Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements.
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
* Viewing computer screen/monitor
* Utilizing keyboard
* Answering phone/making calls
* Maneuvering in and around the worksite
* Standing and walking, walking on uneven... For full info follow application link.