at Garver in Conway, Arkansas, United States
Transportation Planning / Traffic Engineer
Location: Conway, Arkansas
Garver seeks a Transportation Planning/Traffic Engineer with experience in corridor
planning and traffic/safety studies. Our Transportation Planning and Traffic Team is a
growing, collaborative group offering our regional clients full-service transportation planning
and traffic design capabilities. This position will have the opportunity to make a daily impact on
Garver's projects by being involved in a variety of project-types with diverse clients and
working collaboratively with internal project teams, to expand our transportation planning and
traffic services through high-quality work.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills with a commitment to becoming a key
member of this highly productive design team. This position will be supervised by a Senior
Project Manager and offers outstanding growth opportunity and career advancement to the right
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Perform traffic and safety studies
* Perform traffic simulation and level of service analysis
* Develop access management plans and lane configurations for new or modified
* Develop signal timing plans
* Recommend intersection improvements
* Prepare summary documentation and reports
* Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and communicate concepts to clients
* Assist with project management to identify project scopes, fees, and monitoring project
* Maintain a client-focused, service attitude by tracking budgets, and keeping projects on
* Prepare project proposals and giving interviews for project pursuits
* Perform direct client marketing and develop relationships with existing clients within our
* Mentor less experienced staff
* Bachelor's degree in an ABET accredited engineering program or transportation
planning related field.
* Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or AICP certification.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of the Highway Capacity Manual, Trip Generation Manual,
* capacity analysis, traffic projections, and safety analysis (including HSM)
* Proficient in traffic analysis programs Synchro and HCS
* Experience in analyzing intersections, interchanges, and roundabouts
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Preferred minimum of 8 years of experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering.
* Master's degree in civil/transportation engineering or transportation planning
* Experience using traffic simulation programs (VISSIM, CORSIM, Sidra, etc.)
* Experience in Transportation planning and travel demand modeling (TransCAD)
* Experience using ArcGIS for data analysis including review of large sets of crash data to spatial map and analyze for trends and clusters.
* Experience with pedestrian and bicycle improvement projects and studies
* Experience in marketing and managing local government projects
* Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE), Professional Transportation Planner (PTP), or Road Safety Professional (RSP)
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with more than 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
Garver, LLC is an affirmative action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, veterans, religion or disability, in programs, activities, hiring and employment and complies with all civil rights provisions.Complaints of alleged discrimination or if you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Tatiana Herrington, Director of Human Resources, TBHerrington@GarverUSA.com, (501) 537-3256.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account