at Mars, Incorporated in Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Job DescriptionMaintenance, Repair, and Operations Buyer - (MRO)
This position supports Maintenance, Operations, Sanitation by procuring materials through the site procurement system to buy goods and services that the facility requires to operate. This position will ensure the Ft. Smith, Arkansas site adheres to MARS purchasing policies. The Position will also partner with site budget stake holders and the site finance department to provide information for budget spend.
What we're looking for:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with purchasing systems and processes
- 3 years MRO procurement and vendor relations experience preferred
What you'll be doing:
- Request POs to be issued through the site purchasing system for materials requested by the various departments. Single point of PO request to standardize those requests.
- Maintain record of orders and delivery dates, following up when these are past due delivery.
- Resolve discrepancies with Purchase Orders among Receiving, Accounting and Vendors.
- Utilize purchasing system to update and maintain item history, vendors, and quality information.
- Provide period spend and accrual information to the site finance department.
- Inventory comptroller for inventory annual and period cycle counts.
- Anticipate and recognize suspected shortages (i.e., shutdown and Capital Project requirements) and actively communicate potential problems to leadership.
- Advise the appropriate plant associate of unusually high usage of parts and supplies to provide the associate information to identify potential equipment problems and/or stock-outs.
- Be a resource to plant associates in researching, sourcing, and solving problems when searching for specialized parts/equipment which are required for a particular use or machine.
- Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
- Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by Mars.
- Source alternative vendors to reduce cost without sacrificing quality.
- Arrange for emergency pick-up and delivery for urgently needed items.
What to Expect from Mars:
- The opportunity to learn, develop and take charge of your own career.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package.
- To be respected and valued.
- The Five Principles at the center of every decision
- The opportunity to work cross functionally, add value and impact a better world for generations to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity