at Frito-Lay in JONESBORO, Arkansas, United States
Purpose of the Processing Operator Lead: Drive Processing Department results through effective Training, Follow-up, Execution of systems, Communication, and Hands on Support for the Processing Operations team.
* Develops effective operator training plans that meet department objectives and maximize department labor efficiencies.
* Support overall capability and development of existing processing operators.
* Informs Production and Management personnel in scheduling of processing rebuild work to be done.
* Reviews work orders with SCLs/Mgr./Mechanics for effective downtime prevention.
* Shares responsibility with SCLs/Mgrs. to maintain and distribute maintenance schedules as required to Production Planning and Production departments.
* Communicates schedule changes to Operators and others as required.
* Attend Processing walls and ensure items are getting addressed.
* Attend weekly SET meetings to provide status and follow up to processing related issues.
* Support and work on the floor with operators as needed to maintain processing operator skill level.
* Provide visual follow up on work order completion and provides feedback to operators and SCLs on what is not being completed.
* Monitors corn cook schedules, R-Time entry, Process line center lining.
* Shares responsibility with SCL/Mgrs. for collecting data for performance measurements, producing reports and graphs and then distributing them pertaining to department performance.
* Works with contractors and outside vendors to coordinate support and processing improvement projects.
* Shares responsibility with Purchaser and Parts Clerk to monitor processing consumable parts ordered and delivery schedule.
* Shares responsibility with SCLs in the identification of the availability of special skills and special tools that will be required to complete task. (Rebuilds, Startups, Changeovers, etc.)
* Shares responsibility with SCLs and Operators to maintain the integrity and provide feedback of the Processing Rebuild programs (Extruders, Peelers, Slicers, Wire feed, Cutters, Dies, etc.)
* Works directly with the Mgrs. and SCL on strategies that drive departmental results.
* Work safely and satisfy all GMP requirements.
Note: Job expectations and responsibilities may evolve as technology, production lines and business needs change as outlined by the Supply Chain Leader,
Department Manager, or Manufacturing Manager.
Preferred Position Qualification:
* Must have Processing SET experience with at least 10 years of Manufacturing experience.
* Technical Knowledge of processing equipment and systems.
* Willing to actively participate and be engaged as a leader within the Processing Department.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Willing and able to travel and attend training as needed.
* Interacts well with all levels of the organization
* Good analytical skills
* Solid computer skills
* Self-Motivated and willing to initiate actions to correct issues and improve results using the Plant systems (AVANTIS, 1000 Audits, Quality Data, Cost reports, Seasoning verifications, PQM, Powerwalks, Waste Tracking)
* Must be able to lift more than 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to climb steps/ladders as needed to perform role across site.
* Performance and attendance will be considered during the interview bid process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo EEO Policy.