in Pulaski - Little Rock County, AR
The purpose of this role is to provide Level 1 triage of customer inquiries related to technical issues and create, modify, and analyze reporting analytics within the Request Management System (RMS). As a Customer Relations Representative this role is responsible for the customer service support function provided by the company. The Representative is the primary point of contact for assigned customer inquiries, and will work to develop relationships with customers in order to anticipate their needs and act proactively toward them.
The position participates in key department projects designed to improve the effectiveness of the group, and therefore must have a broad understanding of all functional areas of the company to facilitate working with other departments.
The position requires extensive contact and work with employees at all levels of the organization, as well as with members and customers of the company. The employee is expected to work with minimal supervision. A rapid pace, stringent deadlines, and a large volume of work characterize this department.
Information Technology experience and background is required for this role in order to serve as a first level triage for technical issues and inquiries. The position provides basic technical triage for the department as well as offers process improvements and efficiencies as needed. The incumbent must maintain a working knowledge of SPP systems by maintaining relations with SPP business and technical teams enabling a better and more efficient working relationship between IT and CR, in order to serve SPP and its members.
- Provide counsel and make recommendations to department staff and Manager regarding IT-related customer issues and concerns
- Serve as the primary contact for a specified list of Members and Customers
- Log and facilitate resolution of all inquiries
- Utilize staff expertise and knowledge databases to resolve issues presented
- Meet designated timelines, as appropriate, for resolution of inquiries
- Follow-up with SME’s/Departments to ensure prompt responses
- Escalate, as appropriate, issues such as delayed resolution to Customer Relations Manager for action and follow-up
- Manage Special Projects
- Manage multiple requests from customers
- Maintain broad understanding of all functional areas of the company to facilitate working with other departments and other Customer Relations Specialists to resolve issues
- Maintain customer data, accurately and completely
- Maintain knowledge of policy and procedure changes and have the ability to convey these changes
- Compliance with all SSAE 16 Controls, as appropriate
- Understand and comply with SPP Policies and Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a business-related field; or three (3) years of job related work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in a customer support-related role
- Three (3) years of experience in a technical role
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products and database applications
- Experience in data aggregation and analytics
- Demonstrated proficiency in data visualization and reporting
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and the ability to function with constantly changing and multiple priorities
- Experience in the electric industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable area
- Project management experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to make decisions, interpret data, and problem solve.
- The employee frequently is required to stand or sit for extended periods; use hands to operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work and collaborate with managers and employees at all levels to exchange ideas, information, and opinions to facilitate the task.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of workweek are Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Working extended hours may be required.
This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%).
Should you elect to apply for this position SPP will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Southwest Power Pool is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer. SPP adheres to the ADA and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.