in Pulaski - Little Rock County, AR
The Sr. Windows System Administrator is responsible for the advanced support and administration of the computing resources employed within the Southwest Power Pool datacenters. The Senior System Administrator serves as a Subject Matter Expert, role model, and mentor for the Datacenter Support group and is expected to lead and manage Infrastructure centric projects that span multiple IT groups. The Sr. System Administrator is expected to communicate effectively and work with all IT department groups as well as other SPP departments and members. The accurate and reliable functioning of the supported infrastructure is critical to the operation of Southwest Power Pool and its member companies.
- Lead, perform and manage all aspects of server installation: hardware and OS software. (I.e. requirements gathering, documentation, operating, 3rd party software installation and Firmware.)
- Advanced problem troubleshooting/resolution for all computing resources employed by SPP.
- Capacity planning, design, implementation and support of storage systems.
- Capacity planning, design, implementation and support of core business system (i.e. email, domain services, Active Directory, DNS, certificates and Enterprise FTP.)
- Capacity planning, design, implementation and support of clustered systems solutions.
- Capacity planning for, design, implementation and support enterprise level backups and restoration solutions.
- Capacity planning, design, implementation and support of virtualization infrastructure systems.
- Planning, coordination, documentation and Installation of third-party software when applicable.
- Installation, upgrade and Administer anti-virus software for Windows and Linux systems.
- Document procedures/processes/guidelines as applicable for Windows and Linux systems.
- Maintain, update and reconcile hardware and software asset management information.
- Research new technology according to company direction. (i.e. Proof of Concepts)
- Comply with documented regulations to all physical access controls for SPP facilities.
- Provide mentoring, leadership, and guidance to other team members.
- Provide project leadership and coordination, including the establishment of schedules and milestones, allocation of resources, and progress reporting for projects within IT department.
- Provide input to IT capacity planning process in regards to computing resources.
- Plan, coordinate and communicate with SPP member companies regarding SPP-administered computing systems and resources used by the member companies.
- Plan, coordinate and communicate with vendors of computing systems implemented at SPP.
- Effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with all IT groups (includes having the ability to communicate technical problems to a non-technical audience). Clearly conveys plans, ideas, and procedures to all IT groups and other SPP departments as well as comprehends the plans, ideas, and procedures relayed by those groups.
- Train team members to have the ability to communicate technical problems to a non-technical audience.
- Use of high level organizational skills to handle multiple priority projects/tasks that involve different IT groups as well as other SPP departments.
- Research, discern, document and adhere to all SOC1 guidelines.
- Research, discern, document and adhere to all CIP guidelines.
- Participate in CIP audits as a Subject Matter Expert, as applicable/required.
- Create, document and actively maintain system diagrams.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Adhere to all SPP policies and procedures as outlined in the required SPP Policy Curriculum in the SPP Learning Center.
- Minimal travel is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology related field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of six years infrastructure support experience is required
- The incumbent’s experience must demonstrate intermediate to advanced computing and problem solving skills
- An intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft or Unix/Linux and virtualization computer operating systems and applications, hardware configurations, and hardware upgrade or repair is required
- Knowledge of local area networking as it pertains to systems configuration is also required
- Ability to convey written and oral communications are essential
- Technical certification as approved by the supervisor of the Systems Administration team, or the ability to secure such certification within six months of employment. Examples of certification are, but not limited to:
Red Hat RHCSA
EMC Specialist (DECS)
- Scripting skills are preferred
- Advanced Storage administration skills with certifications
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to make decisions, interpret data, and problem solve.
- The employee frequently is required to stand or sit for extended periods; use hands to operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work and collaborate with managers and employees at all levels to exchange ideas, information, and opinions to facilitate the task.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting of servers for placement into racks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of workweek are Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Working extended hours may be required. Participate in on-call rotation.
This position requires minimal travel (approximately 10%)
Should you elect to apply for this position SPP will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Southwest Power Pool is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer. SPP adheres to the ADA and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.