at Olympus Corporation of the Americas in Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
Working Location: Tennessee, Memphis
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising endoscope technicians and their work processes to achieve production repair plans quality and delivery targets and documentation of production activities while improving safety ergonomics and processes. This position will manage and train production technicians to meet safety quality production and cost goals.
- Provide leadership to customer product repair lines by directingtechnicians in prioritizing activities and achieving daily output goals.Monitor the flow of work through the repair line(s) and take necessary steps to resolve repair problems.
- Review the work environment; consult with Engineering Environmental Health and Safetyand Quality about perceived problems and implement measures to assuresafe working conditions.
- Assure the attainment of quality cost and production targets as measured by time schedules and work outputs.
- Identify training needs and assure repair staff is adequately trained in all areas of the repair process in order to support business plans and ensure employee development.
- Implement effective solutions to resolve employee performance issues.
- Deal swiftly with customer issues complaints by identifying the cause of the problem and resolving outstanding issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in years of related experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a factory production environment is required.
- Proven application of LEAN and Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Able to work well in a close team environment.
- Experience with ERP (enterprise resource planning) systems for shopfloor control.
- Time management skills allowing for working on multiple projects at once.
- Well-developed skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Strong mind for KPI (key performance indicator) improvement.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks – so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com .
Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Tennessee (US-TN) || Bartlett ||To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account